Phase Two is Now at an End. I repeat. Phase Two is Now at an End.
We are walking to El Retiro. I once did this with the son and heir. I suspect his mother was sleeping. We were staying in a convenient and cheap place known to the family. I thought, here I am, a dad, doing dad things as the world rushes by. It was at the playground a Spanish lady taught me that the amount of Spanish I spoke was un pocoito, not un poco.
Casa Salesas is restaurant in the Calle de Fernando VI. https://www.casasalesas.com/ The website is a trifle cool. Let us look at brunch. 55 euros is the tariff. Yesterday Elena said 'There are thousands of restaurants better than Casa Salesas, and with better value for money. The food was unremarkable. The tables were very close together and the atmosphere was noisy. I won't be back.'
However Soukaina reckoned 'Excellent spanish food, full of colours and flavours. Ambience and decoration exquisitely chosen for an ultimate unique experience. The service is highly dedicated and David made sure everyone spent an amazing evening with an everlasting smile. Obviously, this is a highly recommended restaurant to try at least once in Madrid, and I'll surely be back soon to try more dishes, drinks and welcoming service.'
Lets us to a more affordable cake shop. Pasteleria Mallorca is part of a chain that started in 1931. Five hours ago Whitney reported 'We have croissants and matcha here and it is definitely 5 stars. The croissants were flaky and crisp. The interior and packaging is beautiful. Wish we would have found it earlier in our trip.'
We will navigate the Plaza Indepedenica and gaze on the Puerta de Alcala. It was once the site of gate on Philip IV's walls but Charles III thought to go all neo-classical and monumental arch on it . Prime Minister Eduardo Dato was assassinated here by Catalan Anarchists in 1921 and the 2017 World Pride closing ceremony also occurred. These events are not related.
Back into the park and we will go passed a bandstand, somewhat grandly renamed the Teatro de Titeres. https://teatrotiteresretiro.es/ Two months ago eva wrote 'A fantastic experience for young children, puppets in Retiro Park – you couldn't ask for more. The performances are excellent. My only complaint is that on a hot, sunny day, it's like an oven. It would be a good idea to put up awnings or sprinklers, as it's dangerous for little ones to be in that heat.'
The drinking fountain nearby has 10 reviews. Pablo wrote 'What. A. Landmark.Or “water landmark” 😂 Fun for all the family, and refreshing too. A must see for visitors to Spain, or more specifically Madrid.We loved it. You can love it too. 😍'
So we end and see where tomorrow will take us.
Comments
Post a Comment