Land of the forgetful Sergio

We are following the road and so avoiding several towns by accident, not by design.  Better have a few diversions



La Bachata, by Manuel Turizo, is Spain’s best selling single - having shifted 1,140,000 copies.  Manuel is a Colombian chap who released this ditty on 2022.  It did very well across much of the Spanish speaking world. It only made 68th in Italy in 2022 and 23rd in Italy.



According to surveys Palma, Mallorca, is the most dangerous city in Spain.  Well, it has 62.5 crimes per 1000 people.  Apparently violent crime is low but pickpockets are to be found in the nightclub region. This is what Travelsafe abroad website says.  I am not convinced at this ranking.


Outside the Black Death, Great Plague and Covid the worst outbreak of disease, according to wiki [and I’m not convinced by this ranking either] was the 3-8,000 dead in the 1870 Barcelona Yellow Fever outbreak.   Apparently Yellow Fever struck in 1803 and 1821 as well. The wiki page on this also mentions South Wales had one.


We are going past the Campo de Futbol El Prado and why not.  It looks neat.  Jose reports ‘It's fine for playing in the top division. The stands are very low. ‘  Sergio is more enigmatic.  ‘I don't remember being here. 


Next door is the local municipal pool.  It opens from 12 till8.  Bea.Uty was impressed.  ‘The best pool in the area! The ticket sellers, lifeguards, and security guards are the best professionals you'll ever meet. I'll definitely be back. Knowing this pool has security gives me peace of mind. The pool is very clean and well-maintained.


So, onwards I go.  You can come to as well, if you want.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A different rooster would crow

Life in the Socialist Citadel

The Frontier is marked