It is in a state of progressive ruin
We are out and about and following the CO-3103 into hillsides which have photos from mostly cooler times of the year. We aren’t near too many things today so we will deal with them and then move on to food.
Castillo de Kant-Hisn is a little away from the Guadalquivir. Acisclo does a neat job of summary and gives us our title today.
‘The Muslim castle known as Los Torreones sits atop a rise overlooking a ford of the Guadalquivir River, between the municipality of Villafranca, to which it belongs, and the city of Córdoba, in the province of Córdoba. This site is an archaeological complex that corresponds to a large settlement where some remains of protohistoric fortifications are preserved, and upon which an Arab fortress was built in the late 11th century. Remains dating back to the Bronze Age have been found at this site. Some walls and two towers are still standing, as well as a rectangular cistern. It was built with ashlar masonry and rammed earth. It is in a state of progressive ruin.’
I think it fair to say it is one for the specialist.
On to Bunker de Alcolea. It appears to be a concrete bunker. Isra found it and sat on it. It is probably not worth the effort.
Fast Food! Comida Rapida as most know it but when I was learning Spanish I was told Comida Plastica could also be used. This needs to be more widespread than it is. Apparently Spanish consumers spent an average of 85.20 euros a week on dining out in 2023. By all accounts the Fast Food market is projected to be worth $15.67 billion a year by 2032. Madrid holds the share for 31.6% of the Fast Food Market, Catalonia and Andalucia 21.1% each, Valencia 15.8% and the Basque Country 10.5%.
So let us to Greggs. Yes, the makers of serviceable sausage rolls had landed in Tenerife. Roisin Currie, Gregg’s chief executive said ‘Tenerife South Airport is a hub for millions of UK and international passengers each year, making it the ideal location to test spreading our wings in an overseas setting.’
When we first went to Spain we discovered Bocatto and Pan Y Co. When Subway arrived I hoped for such a thing as Pan Y Co offered - bread with bite. I was sadly disappointed. Pan Y Co opened in 1991, Here are some of their products. https://www.pansandcompany.com/en/products/sandwiches/ They have opened in foreign climes. I don’t think I have been to one in this century so I will have to amend that next time I am in Madrid. I think I expected more branches.
When we discovered Pan Y Co we also discovered Bocatto. I assumed to be a Spanish wide thing but it appears to be in Barcelona. https://www.novacircle.com/spots/europe/spain/catalonia/barcelona/barcelona/bocatta-7ca97d
That is enough for today.
Comments
Post a Comment